Saturday, September 1, 2007

Don't Get Your Hopes Up......


that is what I keep telling myself. We have a potential buyer for our gelding, Knolltop's Fact Finder, aka Snoopy. Isn't he handsome???
After Michigan All Morgan, trainer Mike said he was ready to be advertised, so I put him on three different "Horse For Sale" websites. I was thrilled with all the responses I got. One from Kansas requested a video. Through a bunch of stuff that was not my fault, no video has been produced yet. The lady even called me on the phone to make sure I knew how much she loved my horse. So last evening, she made the decision that she would just fly out to Michigan this coming weekend to see the horse. She is afraid someone else will buy him if she doesn't get out here SOON!
Here's where not getting my hopes up comes in. I have been in the horse business for about 10 years now, and selling them has not been my strong point. Collecting them, yes, but selling not so good. I have had many people through the years contact me after an ad runs, but then something happens and it would fall through. So in my mind I just can't believe that someone is going to buy this horse. I have an I will believe it when I cash the check mentality, that way I am not disappointed. I need to spend some time talking to God about it. He knows how this will end, so I need to leave it up to him.

No comments: