Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Saying Goodbye....

Snoopy was vetted this afternoon and despite my smarty pants trainer trying to scare me over a sudden and never before heard of leg injury, he passed with flying colors. This is a melancholy moment, as I was working at trainer Mike's and spent a few minutes saying good bye to my horse. I know there are many more standing in the pasture, but I still get sad about it. He was born on our farm and I have been responsible for his care ever since. I can't help but be a little saddened to see him go to a new home. Not that life there won't be good....I suspect from talking with his new owner his life will be pretty cushy. She sounds like she will spoil him rotten. And I expect that come next year, we will proudly see our prefix at many shows throughout the Kansas area as Snoopy wins lots of blues for his new owner.

We in the meantime move onto the next project. That will be Storm. She is headed for driving training.....right after we get through the Fair. I am halfway through my sewing projects....Emma's costume is done, Kathryn's just needs some elastic in the waistband. Then all I need to do is sew her dress. We are coming down to the wire. One heifer was trimmed last night, and the other will get done this evening before church. I just keep knocking things off the list.

Finally, Happy Birthday Suzanna!!!!

Our oldest turns 11 today. Wow time has flown. She took doughnuts and cider for her class this morning and is planning to take a treat to Kids Club tonight at church. Sometimes I think her birthday gets sidetracked with all the horse show and fair stuff that is going on right now, but she doesn't seem too bothered by it. Maybe it makes it more of a party for her, since it takes about two weeks to get the celebrating with family finished up.

No comments: