Thursday, September 13, 2007

Too Much Fun!!!!

Yesterday, neighbor Melissa and I headed off to the annual extravaganza held at Hillsdale College called the Women's Commissioners Rummage & Treasure sale. The college field house is transformed into a treasure trove of bargains from clothing to jewelry to antiques to books to.....well you get the point. Actually I hear there is jewelry, antiques and books, but did not witness it personally. That would be because we both carted off enough clothing for the whole family and never had a chance to get to all the other good stuff.

After a couple hours in the place, Melissa had to be pulled out of there kicking and screaming. She kept mumbling something about knowing she was missing something great in another department. But lets be realistic, when you have to stack a huge pile of sweatshirts and then tie them together with a pair of sweatpants in order to carry them out, it might be time to call it a day. Of course she had to do that because the one bag she brought to carry stuff in was already stuffed beyond its limits and more was spilling out of the top. Of course, she would have had two bags if she would have been more selfish and let me fend for myself rather than giving that second bag to me. Don't worry, I will be so prepared when we do it again next year. Anyway I hope I get to go back with her next year.

In the end, I can't feel too guilty about being the sensible one in the expedition, since she gets to go back this morning for round two. That would be where everything you can stuff in a bag costs $2. I have to take my mom to a doctors appointment, or believe me I would be right there with her!! Hope you have fun today Melissa.....and do you even know what a Women's Commissioner is??? Let me know.

1 comment:

Melissa Hart said...

No, I don't have a clue what a woman's commissioner is...but I know I love her!

I was a good girl today and stayed away from there. I decided it was best for me to earn back the money I spent by staying home and writing!
Yes, it was too much fun.