Friday, September 14, 2007

Tying up loose ends....

That has kept me busy the last couple days. I am heading to the Shiawasee Fairgrounds this morning for the Michigan Morgan Breeders Futurity and Show. Henry went up last night to get settled in and Lilly is coming from a different trainers barn and will arrive tonight. I will be staying two nights away from the zoo, so I have been getting everything and everybody organized.

In the meantime, God blessed the garden and the kids picked 2 bushels of tomatoes the other night. That, combined with the bushel and a half last week has my tomato needs fulfilled. I made 20 pints of tomato juice, 18 pints of salsa and canned 28 quarts of whole tomatoes. Only thing left to do in the canning department is some green tomato relish and green tomato mincemeat. I will get after that early next week.

Had to get everything organized for the 4-H club too. As I have mentioned more than once, the fair is coming up the last week of this month. Bunnies need ear tattoos in order to go and one of the dads in the club is going to take care of that. Chickens have to be tested and certified "pullurium free" as well. One of the club moms is certified to do the testing, so she is handling that tomorrow as well. The kids also get their passes and have their project reports signed too. I am fortunate that there are great parents in the club who can jump in and take care of this stuff while I am away.

The kids and daddy will head up to the show tomorrow afternoon so they can watch the two babies show tomorrow evening. By about 8pm tomorrow night, we should know how our little ones placed. Pins and needles until then!!!!

No comments: