Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Where did summer go??

Here in Michigan, we have been unseasonably warm. High 80s and low 90s. Temps like that in late May don't impress me much. I am not one who enjoys hot weather, so this was waaaaay too early for me. Never fear, as the old joke goes, if you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes. And it is true today. It is only 54 this morning and a damp breeze is blowing. Never fear, the weatherman says 80s by the weekend.

This morning, my youngest is attempting to do laundry. She had a crisis last night. She still finds comfort in a flannel quilt my mom made for her years ago, and it had gotten messy. She expected that I could wash and dry it in time for bed. Of course, she didn't decide this until bedtime, so that is where the crisis began. I told her I would wash it in the morning. Daddy told her she could get it started by emptying the clean clothes out of the dryer, put wet clothes from the washer into the dryer and then start a new load with her quilt in it. And so she did. This morning she is completing the cycle. She spent a good amount of time folding clothes from the dryer and just put her wet quilt along with the rest of the load into the dryer. She and her twin brother just came to me because the dryer wouldn't go. A quick lesson in setting the timer and the quilt will soon be out.

No comments: