Monday, November 12, 2007

Sleeping In

The kids have no school today, as I mentioned last evening, so they are enjoying a morning of sleeping in. They have dentist appointments this morning, so they can't sleep for ever. Of course, Thomas is a lot like me in the morning, and despite the fact that he could sleep in, he was up and chatting with his dad at 6:30. His dad is not a morning person, and the less conversation he has to participate in, the happier he is. I discovered this on our honeymoon. I have always gotten up and hit the floor talking. He on the other hand would rather meet the world in a slower fashion. It was an adjustment. I have learned through nearly 18 years to wait for him to start the conversation. (yikes, did I just say 18 years???? where has time gone?)

So when Thomas came in fully ready to face the world, I mumbled from under the covers, "go back to bed". He did and actually fell back to sleep and is still there. I got up to make coffee for daddy and found out he sent the guys out to a job and is staying put in the office to get a ton of paperwork out of the way. I know where I am spending my day.....in the office with him.

No comments: