Friday, November 16, 2007

Pet Peeves

Pet peeves.....we all have them. Being bothered by stuff that really doesn't change the world is what I consider a pet peeve.

I have two right now. The first is that it is ENTIRELY too early to be playing Christmas commercials on the TV and radio, or in the stores. I was in Kohl's last week and they were busily hanging up Christmas decorations and every third song on Musac or whatever they call the sound system in there was a Christmas song. Now Christmas music is fine. I listen to it whenever the mood hits me, especially anything that Mannheim Steamroller does. But when it is used in an effort to subliminally motivate me into buying something, that is different. As I stood in line with my purchases, I told the clerk that is should be outlawed until at least Thanksgiving week. She agreed.

My second one has to do with magazine subscriptions. I have a few, and it drives me nuts when you get a renewal invoice in the mail that says something like "Pay now for uninterrupted service. Or how about "LAST CHANCE". Now that one really scares me. So then you look all over the invoice, trying to figure out when it truly does expire and you can't tell. So you rack your brain, thinking "I really think I paid that two months ago". Finally you find an old magazine and discover on the label that your subscription is good until June of next year.....and it is only November.

Must be the magazine industry is so hard up that they attempt to collect tons of money way before it is due in an effort to stay in business. Maybe I should try that. I don't think it would work though, do you?

No comments: