Monday, December 10, 2007

Iced In...

We have no school today due to ice rinks. The call came from the kids principal at 6:15 this morning that they had cancelled school. We get a personal call because the school is a half hour away and for some reason, the radio & TV stations they put the announcement on aren't always reliable to get to come in at our house. So he is kind enough to call and let us know. And early enough that I could roll over and get a few more minutes of sleep. Actually, based on the ice in the driveway last night while we were doing chores, I was on a self-imposed 2 hour delay even if it had been fine in Adrian.

I was sleeping good until the phone rang again. This time it was one of our employees letting us know that he was going home to wait out the ice, since he had slid into a field about a mile from his house. Our other employee reported in shortly after that to say he couldn't get out of his driveway. Yes, it is rather a mess around here this morning.

My dad had a doctors appointment in Detroit sometime this morning. I called them with the road reports I was getting and they were leaving ASAP. I received a call from mom that it wasn't bad once they got outside our county. That's nothing new!!!

So the kids all received their morning assignments. Rooms cleaned and house picked up before they get to do anything fun. They seemed to think it was a national holiday from any hard labor. I fixed that notion quickly.

By the way, the weather forecast is calling for more freezing rain late tonight. Sounds like we may get another day off!

Tonight is the Fair Board election. The suspense will be over and I will know if I am on the board or not. Nerve racking!!!!

No comments: