Saturday, December 8, 2007

Holiday Whirlwind has begun.....

well, every holiday season it seems like we get on a whirlwind of activities and this year is no exception. If you do it right, though, the holiday is enjoyable, not something you approach with dread. I try hard for that balance, but when you are someone who tends not to know how to say "NO", it gets harder.

I find that attempting to spread things out helps. Unfortunately that can lead to procrastination. I do seem to work well under pressure, but that leads to insanity and an intense dislike for whatever you agreed to do.

So last weekend the holiday began. We did the Christmas party for our employees. Last night, Thomas and Kathryn had a Christmas recital. They were wonderful, of course!!!

This afternoon they have a Christmas party/program rehearsal at Church. Tonight they go to Gramma and Grandpa's while daddy and I celebrate our anniversary with a "kidless" dinner (sorry Thomas, another date!!)

Next week will bring more of the same. Tons of stuff to do and pacing myself to get it done.

The bottom line in our lives is what this season is all about. I want my kids to always remember that it is Christ's Birthday First. The rest is wonderful and part of what will make memories for a lifetime, but if we as parents neglect to keep their focus where it should be, then we haven't done the job God put us on when he gave us our kids. I have to keep reminding myself of this, or I get lost in the hustle and bustle of the season.

No comments: