Monday, February 25, 2008

Thumbs up from my boy

I got recruted by hubby tonight to help pull start the 3010 tractor. As I have mentioned before, despite growing up on the farm, I have almost no equipment related experience to draw from. Pull starting a tractor is no exception. So hubby stuck me in the truck with instructions on how fast and what direction to turn if it hadn't started by the time we got to the road.

Off we went, me flooring the accelorator to get up to speed, towing the tractor behind and of course, Thomas giving instructions from a safe distance. Hubby put the tractor in gear the first time and it did not start, he did it again and still it wouldn't start. We ended up heading into the road. It is a country road, but manages to have a lot of traffic. Thankfully nothing was coming and we headed on out. Finally, the third try was a charm and the tractor started.

As I got out of the truck, Thomas came running over to give me a HIGH FIVE cause he was so excited that I got the job done. Made me feel good to think my son was that proud of his mom. Soon enough, he and his dad will be doing these projects and I won't be needed.

No comments: