Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Thomas-isms

Those who know Thomas, know he says and does some pretty funny things. We have named such things "Thomas-isms".

A couple of his latest follow.

Last night I walked into the barn and he asked me if his lip was bleeding. I looked and said that it was. Then I asked him if he hit his lip with the water hose when he pulled it out of the loft. He sheepishly shook his head no and acted like he really didn't want to admit what he had done. I pushed him a little and he finally confessed that he had put the end of the hose to his lips to blow on it and warm it up. Unfortunatly, it was about 5 degrees out at the time and his lip froze to the metal. He had no choice but to pull. You know the rest.

Then there was the night we went to Trainer Mikes for a Christmas party. The kids went along and I began to notice that Thomas was making a lot of trips to the bathroom. I stopped him after one of the trips and asked him if he was okay. I was concerned that perhaps he had a case of the flu or something. No, he was fine, but had discovered that there was a digital scale in the bathroom and was checking each time he ate something to see how much weight he gained.

There are a ton of stories like this. The fact that I never wrote them down is a real crime. So here are two, saved for posterity.

No comments: