Monday, February 11, 2008

The Crumugen speaks.....

that would be my dad. He really got me laughing yesterday. And if you knew all my dad has been through over the past few years, you would wonder what he had to laugh about. He is a SURVIVOR of cancer, as I have said before, and credits God for it all. That is enough to put a smile on any face. That and the thousands of dollars his parents spent on braces. Wouldn't want to hide their investment.

He isn't much of a winter weather fan. From the time I was a kid at home, you never wanted to get too excited about a new snowfall while in his company. I suspect it comes from many years of trudging to the barn in the snow, and having to move tons of snow in order to get on with life on the farm. There are never enough hours in the day on a farm and to have to spend a bunch of them moving something that will eventually melt is are real waste of time.

Anyway, earlier in the month, after yet another snow storm, he declared he wouldn't be leaving the house again until May 15th. That was it, he had had enough and he wasn't going to take it anymore!!! That made me laugh, since dad is a traveler for his business and I know he loves getting out and seeing other parts of the United States and even some international travel as well.

So when the really cold stuff hit yesterday, along with a wind that was strong enough to blow a person into the next county, dad had a new declaration. He has moved that date back a few more weeks and now will not be leaving the house until June 5th. I just laughed at him, but he claims he is serious. So this afternoon, where is dad?? At an apointment. I guess life goes on even when you don't want to get out in it.

No comments: