Friday, May 29, 2009

His and hers....

I headed back down to Amish country to bring Breezy home. She has been on a three-week date with a stallion. For awhile it looked like we would have to retire the old gal. She was not remotely interested in the stallion. Thankfully, her mood improved, and she has been bred. We will know in a couple weeks if it was successful or not.

I enjoyed spending time deep in the Amish community. I asked a few questions about the way they live and discovered one thing that really made me chuckle. The stallion owners four children were wandering through the barnyard among the horses. The older girls were messing around with one horse in particular. I asked about the horse and he told me that was his wife driving horse. I quickly asked what he drove. He proudly pointed out a tall, lanky horse who he said was pretty fast. I quipped, his and hers, huh?? He laughed and agreed that his wife wanted quite and he liked something with a little more speed.

No comments: