Saturday, October 4, 2008

Oklahoma......

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plain. You know the song. I am headed to Oklahoma in just a few short hours. Not sure if the wind sweeps through the streets in Oklahoma City, or if I will have much time to notice anyway. The Grand National and World Championship Morgan Horse Show starts today and I am going to watch our three-year old mare go in the Western Pleasure mares class on Monday. Neat bit of trivia. The first Grand National was held at the Detroit state fairgrounds in 1973, and my parents went to it. So here I am 35 years later going to my first Grand National. Of course, it would be much easier if it were still held in Detroit!

Once I get through the plane ride, I will be ready to enjoy myself. I have only flown twice in my life, and the last time was in 1991. Unlike my dad, the world traveler, I have no experience and am a bit apprehensive about the whole thing. It doesn't help that I have an issue with motion sickness. So I will hit the Dramamine and hope for the best.

Hopefully I will be able to update my blog at some point over the weekend, but don't guarantee anything. I will be back Monday night, so it is a very quick trip.

No comments: