Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Grand National Wrap-up

Wrap up for me anyway. The show continues through Saturday, but I headed back home to the real world last evening.

Storm looked beautiful. She really had no problems in the ring. Her rail work was impeccable. Her required "back four steps" wasn't so pretty and she came out of the ring seventh in a class of 14. My initial reaction was total disappointment. I was pretty bummed. There were tears, phone calls home and then a pep talk from my trainer. Trainer Mike reminded me why the mare was there. It was to sell her. Proof of this was the couple that came to our stalls within an hour of her class, wanting to talk to Trainer Mike about her. They are coming back this afternoon to see her work and possibly ride her.

We were busy all afternoon with classes. Then it was time to bid farewell to Oklahoma. I headed to the airport and winged my way back to Michigan. I have decided that flying isn't so awful. Especially when you are in a Dramamine induced stupor.


My own pillow felt pretty good last night and this morning I am back in the swing of my family. I have a house that needs cleaned.....and of course a few classes at Nationals to watch via the Internet.
Here are some pictures I wanted to share:
These are four the many stall set-ups. They are truly a home away from home. There are couches, coffee tables and TV hookups with video feed from the show rings. All the comforts of home in the middle of a horse barn. Ours was a little less fancy, but still more than we would do for a regular show. Of course, I forgot to take a picture of it, but trust me it looked pretty nice.

No comments: