Thursday, October 2, 2008

Normal feels good

As the week has progressed, life is feeling more normal each day. Laundry is caught up, thanks to spending a couple hours in the laundromat on Monday morning. That was a huge load off my mind. I managed to take care of nine loads, which would have taken all week, if I had tried to finish it at home.

School days are typical now too. That helps the kids get back on a schedule as well. We also are back into music lessons. We still need to get back into the habit of practicing. That will come.

The best thing is that we are sitting down as a family each night for a real supper. Summer gets crazy with late meals that aren't always the most balanced. Now I have time to plan a menu and figure on a time to get it on the table. Our supper table is a important place to gather each night. As a kid, I remember discussions of how our days went, what was coming up and what concerned my parents and my brother. I want that same routine for my kids. A place where anything can be discussed and that our ears are always open to what interests our kids. Yes, normal is feeling really good.

No comments: