Thursday, January 3, 2008

We now resume normal programming.......

Whatever normal is in my zoo!!!

And just like that, Christmas break is over and the kids are back to school. Unlike the line from the popular Christmas song, I really could have waited a little longer before they headed back. We have had a nice break and were having fun. Oh well, soon enough it will be spring break and the weather will be better for that anyway.

The kids had a great time yesterday sledding at some church friends place. Suzanna and their daughter are working on a violin/piano duet for an upcoming music competition and needed to practice. Her accompanist is one of 8 kids, so there were plenty of willing "sledders". It was a fun way to end their Christmas break.

Speaking of weather, it was pretty cold here this morning. We saw -1 in a low spot on the way to school. New cheap entertainment....the car has a thermometer that reads the outside temperature. The kids kept track of the variations most of the way in. Another cold night tonight, then it will go the opposite direction. It is suppose to be raining and 50 by Monday. I would just as soon it stay cold. I dread the thought of all 12 inches of snow melting and then adding rain to that.

I am off to haul a horse. As you know from reading my blog, this is not a favorite part of horse ownership for me. At least I am getting on my way early enough to do it all in the daylight.

No comments: