Saturday, January 19, 2008

Oh, so many changes......

Life is full of change....not the stuff in your pockets, but the change that makes you feel sad or glad, depending on how you look at it.

For one thing, the weather has changed...and that is a sad thing. It is 10 degrees out as I write this. That is TOO COLD in my book and it is getting colder as the weekend progresses. The wind is blowing and that makes it even worse. Nothing like that feeling you get when your eyelids don't want to work.

This week I signed over my 4-H club to another leader. It was time, as a few things had to "give" in order to be a fair board member. I thought being on the fair board was probably enough responsibility at fair time without adding to it what it takes to keep 43 people organized enough to be a part of the fair. But even though I am excited about my new venture, it was still a little sad to see the end of another. The neighbor up the road and I organized the club 5 years ago and saw it grow from a group of about 20 kids to the 43 we had last year. I guess we were doing something right, because others did want to join us. There are some that are staying with the club, but my kids are joining up with a new club, organized by a mom in our church. All our kids friends are in it, so they wanted to be a part of it.

I got to see our mare, Storm, at the trainers yesterday. Talk about change! She is walking, jogging and loping beautifully. Trainer Mike is pretty excited about her. She will stay at Lee's for at least the rest of the month if not through February, then move back to Mike's barn for continuing education.

The final change is for Suzanna. She started violin with a half-sized instrument nearly six years ago. She moved up to a three-quarter sized about two years ago. On lesson night, her instructor told us that it is time to move her up to a full-sized violin. That means what we are getting her "forever violin". She and I are making a trip to Marshall Music to get one. Just another of the many, many milestones that will pass in the lives of my kids. Just makes me thing of the day we went to get her first violin. She had begged to take lessons for nearly a year before we started her. She was so excited that day and the grin was from ear to ear. I am sure she will be wearing another big grin today!

No comments: