Monday, January 14, 2008

Finally off the Merry-Go-Round.....

Thought that was a fitting title, since I was at the Michigan Fair Convention all weekend. Whew, what a weekend. It sure felt good to put my head on my own pillow last night.

I had a great time, aside from missing my family. Had the opportunity to attend some good sessions, came home with some ideas for the fair. I had the chance to meet a number of fellow board members, both for my own county, plus all over the state.

I had to chuckle at the main speaker for our annual meeting. I saw his name on the program, but thought nothing of it. But then, after they introduced him, his picture came up on the "big-screen" and I knew him. He and I both attending MSU during the same years. He was an ag major, so I saw him in various classes around campus. Plus, he showed dairy cattle, so I saw him at state shows as well. He is one of about 150 people in the world that have been to the highest point on every continent in the World. No small task, as that involved a lot of training and time to be physically fit enough to climb snowy mountains. His pictures from each summit were amazing, but I can't even imagine what it would be like to see those sights in person.

It was nice to head for home yesterday morning. Suzanna was competing in the ArtWorks of Hillsdale Music Scholarship program in the afternoon. It was an opportunity for her to perform in a new venue, other than recitals and church. She received a feedback sheet, which gave her some areas to work on improving. She said when it was over, she would do it again, which I figure is always a good sign that she enjoyed it.

This morning was the first day of Spirit Week at school. It is "Outrageous Day". The assignment was to grab clothes that are as mismatched as possible. Suzanna headed to school wearing a striped shirt, plaid skirt, and funny looking socks. Thomas was wearing a lime green fur hat, glasses with a nose built in and mismatched shoes. Kathryn doesn't feel good and stayed home. She wasn't very upset, since she doesn't like to be mismatched anyway.

Time to take the Christmas tree down. It is still looking beautiful and hasn't lost many needles, amazing what keeping them watered will do for a tree, but I am ready to have the living room back to normal. There is always laundry to do as well.

No comments: