Monday, August 6, 2007

Dog Days Of Summer

Not sure where that brilliant description came from, but I think it would be easier to be a dog right now. Our dog is laying quietly in her crate, since she is soaking wet from her morning constitutional.

There was a very welcome rain yesterday. It started around 5am and rained gently until about noon. We are in a drought, and I am afraid that in some cases it was "too little, too late". But for other crops, there will be a difference because it finally did rain and it was substantial.

So now this morning, the humidity is HIGH. As I look out the windows, you can see the haze across the fields. This is good growing weather. My cucumbers are suddenly huge. I will be doing bread and butter pickles today. May even get some pickle relish done as well.

First I have to pick them. I will be drenched by the time I am done. Will run mom to a doctors appointment and then get after my canning projects after lunch.

Kathryn has dog 4-H tonight. That will be steamy!!!!!

No comments: