Thursday, August 14, 2008

Get a move on...

We had a great time away from home. Since coming home though, it has been full speed ahead.

We picked peaches while on the west side of the state and came home with 7 bushels. NOT all for us. I am only taking care of about a bushel and a half. The rest were delivered to family and friends the night we got home. They aren't quite ripe, so I haven't had to take care of too many so far. Just enough for a crisp last night, and the rest should hold off until tomorrow.

I did have to take care of sweet corn the evening we got home. I was up until about 2am with that project. This was the first year I grew sweet corn in the garden and I had enough to freeze. That was exciting!!

Today I get to do my LEAST favorite thing. Haul a horse. This time it is Holly, the weanling. She won't be very happy with me and I will feel much better when she is safely in Mason to begin her halter training. Futurity is a little more than a month away. Time to get training.

Tomorrow will be back to school shopping. Yes, for us school starts ONE week from today. Yikes!!!!

1 comment:

MikeandJen said...

i can't believe school is starting already.... are they excited? lessons are just around the corner....