Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Clinging by my fingernails....

As the last two days of summer vacation quickly slip away. Too fast, I might add. The kids head back on Thursday, so they have been getting their last moments in with their dad. Thursday, Suzanna spent the day with him. Kathryn went yesterday and Suzanna slipped in another day today. Tomorrow will be Thomas' chance.

Yesterday I attended a committee meeting with neighbor Melissa. She is really good at asking me to help out with things when I am in a weakened condition and can't seem to muster up the ability to say no. We had a great time eating out and planning a couple 2009 Holstein shows. We also cruised through the training stable to see how my "kids" are doing. Storm, the three year old is right on schedule for Oklahoma and the Morgan Grand National Show. Annie is very nice and on target for the Morgan Breeders Futurity Sweepstakes in three weeks. Holly is flunking out and will head back home after a couple weeks of basic horse training. She isn't good enough to be competitive in the Sweepstakes class at this point and so we won't send her unless something changes real soon.

I have spent most of this day in the laundry room. I never really got caught up after vacation, since I was up to my armpits in peaches and sweet corn. I now have all the kids school clothes, washed, pressed and hanging in their closets. Well, the clothes I have. Suzanna is minus 5 skirts, but the back order date promises they will arrive by 9/8/08. Of course, we will be three weeks into school by then, but supposedly she can wear her denim skirts until they arrive.

Tonight is Parent/Student orientation, and we will officially be the parents of a 7th grader and two 4th graders!!!! This bus is going way too fast, I want off!!

1 comment:

MikeandJen said...

i bet they are excited to head back to school! looking forward to seeing you guys soon!