Thursday, August 21, 2008

Feeling like a short order cook

On this first day of school, I offered to make whatever anyone wanted for breakfast. I received several different requests. Kathryn wanted pancakes, Suzanna and Thomas wanted French Toast and Daddy was in the mood for scrambled eggs. I swiftly moved into motion and juggled three different frying pans and in record time had all four breakfasts on plates and ready to be eaten. I see a job at a greasy spoon restaurant in my future.

I don't know if I will be so happy to fulfill each personal request in a few weeks, but for now, if they will eat a good breakfast, I am happy.

The dog even knew what was up this morning, and as everyone headed to the car with their backpacks, she stood beside the car, waiting for someone to open the passenger side door. She is so happy to be back on the road. She doesn't get many rides in the summer, so she was excited at the prospect of riding this morning.

We arrived at the school in plenty of time. Can't be late on the first day, don't ya know. After everyone was out of the car, Emma was whining and I was shedding a few tears. They are growing up so fast.

Mom and I are off to spend the day together. It has become a tradition that we do something together on the first day of school.

No comments: