Saturday, May 10, 2008

A little crazy, but you have to love 'em

A wedding happened in the neighborhood today. A girl who lives across the road and up just a bit had her wedding in the front yard, and my daughters caught wind of what was up. Therefore they set up an observation plan early this morning. The next thing I knew, they were up on top of the chicken coop (don't ask!) and had their binoculars out watching the arrivals and decorating. They even ate their lunch up there. Suzanna came to the house to make it while Kathryn stayed on watch duty.

At one point, I looked out to see what they were up to. Too my surprise, they were no longer atop the chicken coop, but had moved down to the end of our driveway and had set up shop down there. I called them back up, I just felt that might be a bit over the top!!! I got a report that they had put out streamers, there were lots of cars, the road dust was blowing over the wedding scene every time a car went by and the brides dress had no sleeves.

Just another day of simple country living. Not much happens around here.

1 comment:

MikeandJen said...

that's so fun! if only life were always that simple.