Saturday, April 5, 2008

Oh what a beautiful morning.......

Anyone care to join me in a verse?? After the winter that seemed to never end, the sun is shining brightly and it makes you believe that spring may arrive soon.

Hubby and Thomas are off to cut wood this morning. We need heat for a few more weeks I am sure. That means the woodpile needs replenished. He is feeling the pull from about four different directions. The need for wood, the need to get in the office, the need to spread two large manure piles and the fact that he has the cold to end all colds that I had and really should take a break from life and get to feeling 100% again. But wood wins out.....Monday will be an office day, which will also give him some rest and hopefully he can recover from this nasty cold that has hung on and on. The manure piles???? Maybe next weekend.

The girls and I are not going to the woods. We are leaving that to the boys. Suzanna wanted to make cookies for neighbor JW after all his help at the show last weekend. So she is going to bake and then we will drop those off and see Rhoda one more time. The heifer passed her TB test and will head to Indiana Monday for a sale. Neighbor Melissa and I have a road trip planned to get her there. It is a pretty quick trip, but will be fun none the less.

Mom and I had our annual birthday outing yesterday. She and I try to go out for the day to celebrate. I was born two days before her birthday, making me the best birthday present she ever received. Now that I am "grown-up" I am sure she believes it, but from the stories she tells of my colicky early months and on into toddler hood, I know that I pushed her patience to the limit. Anyway, we went to one of our favorite stores in the world, Joann Fabrics. They had a great sale on patterns, and I bought a bunch and found some fabric to make dresses for Suzanna and Kathryn. Might get to cutting out this afternoon. I haven't had much sewing room time lately, and the room is calling me.

Off to get at my day.

No comments: