Monday, April 7, 2008

I'm not even suppose to here!!!!

That was what I kept telling my hubby on Saturday. As I mentioned in the last blog, hubby and Thomas were off to cut wood. The girls and I were going to hang out around home. You know what they say about making plans.....Saturday was no exception. Thomas was going to drive the 1520 tractor to the woods, which are about 5 miles from home. Hubby wanted someone to follow him, to see to it he made it safely. The girls and I were recruted for that task. I thought "no big deal, follow him and then come home." HA!!! The tractor acted up and I ended up running home to get tools, gas treatment, jumper cables and stuff for lunch (it looked like this could take a while and there is nothing worse than hungry kids, right!!).

I arrived back with the requested stuff and hubby quickly treated the gas and decided that the tractor wasn't going to work, so we needed to go back home and get the trailer to haul it home. I should mention that most of the travel was on dirt roads full of potholes. The roads around here are AWFUL! So bouncing through the potholes once was bad enough. Yippie, I get to bounce through those potholes again!! Hubby hitched up the big trailer and hooked the smaller trailer behind my truck to use to haul the boxes we put wood in around. Off we went again, down the roads full of potholes. By now, I have told my hubby at least three times that "I wasn't even suppose to be there". The girls abandoned the project on the second trip back home.

Back at the tractor, it started up and was running perfectly. So hubby decided we had better load while it was running. Did I mention I wasn't even suppose to be there???? Suddenly, I am helping load wood and supervising everybody else. Finally, it was decided that we had loaded all there was to load. Josh (an employee who helps with wood), Thomas and I in one truck with a basket of wood on the back off we went down the bumpy, pothole-filled road one more time. This time, if you hit the bumps too hard, wood fell off the load and you had to stop and pick those pieces back up. What fun.

Finally, we arrived safely home. Thankfully, my in-laws invited us over for pizza and birthday cake to celebrate my birthday. I didn't have to cook after spending all day where I wasnt' suppose to be.

No comments: