Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Why is it???

that when you are already feeling less than stellar, more stuff starts happening around you that makes it all seem worse?

Today seems to be one of those days. Of course, I have the cold that has wiped me out. Then very early this morning, as I walked by a heat register, the air from it seemed rather cool. I ran some hot water and it wasn't even lukewarm. Great!!!! Mike rebuilt the fire this morning, but it wasn't very cooperative and took a couple hours before the water temp got back up to where it could actually heat the house.

In the meantime, the kids were running out of clothes, so the laundry had to be tackled, once the water reheated. Suzanna, Thomas and Kathryn worked together, collecting, separate, and wash clothes. Amazingly, there weren't a lot of arguments and the work was going wonderful. Until the washer decided to stop working!! A call to my regular service man did not lead to good news. The earliest they could be out was next Monday. Yikes....this family would be running around in fig leaves if I had to wait that long. I told the lady I would call Kenmore service and see if they could be out any sooner. She wished me luck, but I could hear the scepticism in her voice. Well, my regular guy not being available was a GOD thing, because when I called Sears, they looked me up on the system and reminded me I had purchased the extended warranty on my washer and it was good through 2010. The bonus in the blessing was that they could have someone out tomorrow afternoon between 1 and 5. YES!! Now my only concern is that the problem is something simple, or needs a part that is on the truck. Otherwise, mom is getting a visit from her not so healthy daughter, three grand kids and a boatload of laundry.

No comments: