Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The dog gets the mouse.....

In the kids song Old McDonald Had A Farm the dog gets the cat, the cat gets the mouse. Not true at our house. The dog is quicker than the cats at our place.

I was folding laundry yesterday and Emma as always was with me. Suddenly she jumped up and raced toward the laundry baskets sitting along the wall. I got up from my chair and moved the first basket. Out ran a mouse, but it didn't run very far. Emma got it. Then Butterscotch came along and checked to see what all the excitement was. Then Hop Sing, the newest kitty in the house showed up. The deed was done by the time those two showed up.

Thankfully we have one less mouse in the house. I have always heard if you see one, there are more. YUCK!!! Hope Emma stays on the job!!!

No comments: