Monday, July 2, 2007

Where did the weekend go???

I just realized I haven't "blogged" all weekend.

We had a fun weekend. The girls went with their grandma to two showers Saturday. A baby shower in the morning and a wedding shower in the afternoon. Thomas worked with his dad, washed dad's work truck and generally asked every question he could think of. Almost every sentence out of his mouth starts with "I have a question..."

Yesterday was a special day for Kathryn. She and another young girl from church were baptized. Dad and I both agree that it was another one of those "growing up fast" moments for one of our kids. She was the last of the three to decide it was time to do this.

She also managed to wake up yesterday morning with a quickly swelling eye lid. She has had a terrible time with insect bites this summer. This is the third time in a little over a month that she has had such a bad reaction. The first two resulted in having to have antibiotics to get rid of the cellulitis. I had hoped it would look better this morning, but it doesn't. That means another trip to see our Ped. And I am sure more antibiotics. He and I talked after the last round of trouble that she had to avoid getting bitten, so we have been careful to put bug spray on if we know she is going out and about. But I really don't want to dip her in Deep Woods Off before bed every night.

Laundry will be the job for today and a general straightening of the house. And I suspect a trip to the doctor for Kathryn.

No comments: