Monday, July 23, 2007

Finding the house.....

We are back to "normal" (note the quotation marks) around here for a few days. The kids are none too pleased with me this morning after I announced to them that it was time to "find the house". They are each in their rooms cleaning right now. I have the living room done, my room done and all the beds have been changed. One of the smartest things I have done is buy a second set of sheets for all beds. That way you can just change them out and not worry about getting the sheets washed, dried and back on the beds before it is time to sleep.

This afternoon, I plan to spend a little time in the garden. For the first time in many years, we are actually keeping up with the weeds and it is looking really good. There are little tomatoes, a few tiny cukes and I have eaten some fried summer squash.

Weaning time is going okay. Christy didn't seem bothered by the whole thing at first, but then after about 45 minutes decided she didn't like her baby in the stall and herself shut out of the barn. She ran and whinnied for the next hour, but then calmed down. Lilly, on the other hand, is convinced that she can dig her way out of the stall. She had a foot deep hole dug in front of the door within the first 12 hours. Thankfully, everyone is beginning to settle down. It seems awful at first, but does pass quickly.

No comments: