Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Three down, one to go....

We are AHEAD of schedule!!!! It is a scary place for me to be. Suzanna and I started clipping heifers yesterday. We decided to start with the toughest gal and go from there. Penny was up first and got her bath. While waiting for her to dry, Suzanna decided that Bella might as well get her bath too. By the time she was done washing her, Penny was dry enough to start clipping. She was a patient girl and Suzanna moved along quickly. She leaves the tricky stuff like heads, ears and legs for me. Kathryn did a little on Bella, Suzanna worked on her for a while then I did my thing. Before we knew it, we had two heifers done!

This afternoon was Sami's turn. Suzanna got her washed and then tied her up to dry. There has been a wonderful breeze all day, so she was dried off in no time. She is pretty cooperative and we had her finished quickly, as well.

So now all that is left is Fancy. We probably won't get to her for a day or two. I am headed to Trainer Mike's tomorrow and have to take mom for another procedure on Thursday. In the meantime, I have been working on my grocery list for next week, as well as packing the camper in my mind. I can only do it in my mind because the camper is at the repair shop. No A/C in the middle of July was not an acceptable option while gone next week. So once it is back home, I will be ready to pack.

VBS started tonight. The kids were excited, the adults were up for the challenge and we had a great first night.

No comments: