Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Why?

It has been all over the news for the last few days. A school has admitted that there are 18 young girls pregnant in their system. Wow! As a mom of two girls and a boy, it sure reiterated why I must be a prayer warrior for my kids. I pray for the person that God has already selected as their mate. I am also praying for the boys or girls they will someday date. I don't want them growing up too quickly in this world, but also recognize that they aren't totally immune to the world's way of thinking. So I pray that we as parents are equipping them, even now, with the ability to make wise choices. Yes, they are bound to make some dumb ones, but my prayer is that they will learn on the "little stuff" so that when bigger things come along they will be prepared.

I hope and pray that they see a loving relationship between my husband and I, and that they always know they are loved by us. Perhaps that love will sustain their need for love until such a time they are old enough to find their mates. Over and over you hear of young girls admitting that they had gotten pregnant so that someone would finally love them! How sad!

Lest anyone think I am looking at my children with rose colored glasses, please know that I am not. I know that even in the best of families, under the best of circumstances and no matter how a child has been raised, it still happens. A child goes astray, makes a poor choice with huge consequences and then live their lives having made that decision. But that doesn't reduce our responsibility as parents to do all we can, every day, every hour, to teach them Gods way and to instill in them the desire to seek Gods plan for their lives.

No comments: