Friday, October 26, 2007

I have lost the title......

of "Mom of the Year". Not that I ever had a shot at it, but after today.....it is long gone.

The kids have their Harvest Parties today, and two were to bring Apple Cider.....so nice that Glei's have recovered from their devastating fire enough to be back in the cider making business....and the third child volunteered cupcakes. No big deal. I ran over to the orchard yesterday afternoon to pick up 4 gallons of yummy cider (one more for a piano recital tonight and we need some of our own). I considered the fact that I still needed to make the cupcakes and planned to get them done after we got home from Piano/Violin lessons.

Upon arrival home, I set about to finish up Thomas' costume. He and Kathryn get to dress in their costumes to play at their recital. He wanted to be an Indian and I had it sewn together, just needed to get the sleeve and slack length right. I measured his head to make his headband. His older sister informed him that he looked like a peacock when we tried it on. She is SOOOOO funny.....

From that project I drifted on to Betsy Ross, which is Suzanna's costume for a school program on Tuesday night. It will also double for her Halloween costume. She has a dress rehearsal on Monday, so it needs to be finished by then. I got a nice start on it, but started getting tired about 11pm and headed for bed.

Not until I got to the kitchen this morning did I remember the Harvest Party cupcakes. OH BUMMER!!!!!! So I dropped the kids off, ran to the grocery store to buy cupcakes and dropped them off at the school along with any hopes of Mom of the Year. Martha failed!!!!!!

No comments: