Friday, October 5, 2007

Hauling Horses

is not one of my favorite parts of horse ownership. I am a nervous wreck until we get to our destination in one piece. My latest hauling trip just confirmed that I DO NOT like hauling horses. I hauled Storm up to the trainers yesterday, which was an eventful ride. She was not real happy with the accommodations I guess, since she made her presence known for the first half of the ride. Every few miles, she shifted around in the trailer and I could feel the trailer moving. And then at one stop sign, I had to wait for a few minutes of road construction. She really got to banging around there. Thankfully, she finally began to settle down about a half hour into the ride. We made it safely to Mason and she came off the trailer like a lady. Boy was she a sweaty mess.

While on our way up the highway, I had to chuckle. There is a small town rural high school right beside the road. In the parking lot, there must have been 15 tractors parked. I suspect they had a "drive your tractor to school" day. What fun!!!!!! There were all sorts and types, from a couple shiny John Deeres, to some very much dressed for work that looked like Farmalls. I wish I would have had my camera with me. It would have been worth stopping in to get a picture.

I hauled the two weanlings back and I never knew there was a load on the trailer. Much more relaxing ride. I enjoyed some time with both foals last night. They are very different personalities, but overall both wanted my time and attention.

Well, laundry and chores call.

No comments: