Tuesday, July 7, 2009

It's Summer and we're runnin' out of ice......

For those who don't recognize that line. It comes from the musical Oklahoma. It was the first thing that popped into my head this morning as I heard yet another report of the Michael Jackson memorial. I am a little tired of the whole saga.

I grew up in the 80s. He was a big deal then, and I have to admit enjoying some of the music he did. But then I got older and he got weirder (is that a word?). The insane focus that has been on him for the past week and a half is really over the top in my book. He was just a person!

How sad it is that people have come absolutely unglued at his passing. He is worshipped as a god. How wrong and how sad that there is this much sorrow for a man who could do nothing for these people. How different would the world be if they sought God the same way this human was sought and worshipped? Just a little food for thought.

1 comment:

MikeandJen said...

I too am very tired of MJ coverage. What I find absolutely fascinating is that Ferrah Faucet died the same day as MJ, and I would guess most people don't even know that, and yet she was a woman bravely battling cancer, and working to find ways to fight the disease....
hope you guys are doing well!!!!