Monday, January 5, 2009

The parties are over....

it's time to get back at life.

After a great two week break, we were back on schedule this morning. We have had plenty of parties, including Christmas three times with various branches of the family. Add to that a baby shower, pre-Christmas supper at the Pastor's house and a post-Christmas party with Trainer Mike and all the clients, we have had more than our share of good times and great food.

With all that partying, comes the need to get back on track with exercise, which I have done. In addition, I have had to remember how to cook complete meals for my family, rather than bits and fits like so much of the two weeks seemed to be.

As we head into the new year, I am looking forward to what may lie ahead. Satan would love to have all of us feel in the depths of despair over what may come, but I know that the Lord is in control, and all that is to come is from him. I just pray I can remember that promise when the road heads a direction I find uncomfortable or opposite of what I think is best.

No comments: