Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The flu has been flying

Monday started like any other day at the zoo. The kids headed off to school, roads weren't great, but we got there in one piece. I headed off to Hillsdale to put my hour of cardio in at Anytime Fitness. I don't take my cell phone in with me. Don't figure I want to huff and puff in the ear of whoever calls me while I am on the elliptical or the treadmill. As I checked my phone when I got back to the car, I discovered that there was a message from the school. It seemed Thomas had a bout of stomach flu and needed to come home. Since the roads were still yucky and more snow was falling, I asked that all three kids be ready to head for home when I got to the school.

I picked them up and chatted with Thomas and Kathryn's teacher for a couple minutes after sending the kids to the car. When I got in the car, Suzanna was having a fit with Thomas. It seemed he was in the car, eating his ham sandwich. I suggested he put it away for later. He insisted that he was starving. He ate his applesauce and then polished off a granola bar. Suzanna started complaining that he wasn't acting very sick and she didn't see why she had to miss the school day! She has such a way with words!!!

Yesterday morning, Thomas still wasn't himself, and Kathryn was a lovely shade of green. I kept them both home and they seemed to feel better by later in the day. Off to school they all went this morning. My plan was to head to Anytime Fitness for a workout. Not to be, as my cell phone rang as I pulled into our driveway. Thomas was again complaining about his stomach. Back to the school I headed to collect him and I took Kathryn home as well.

They both seem back to normal tonight...so I may be back on a regular schedule. Time will tell.

No comments: